First Photo-Taking Assignment

For our first assignment, we were allowed to take any photos that we wanted however there were some rules (in my opinion) when taking photos;
  1. Never take a photo towards where the sun is.
  2. Make sure you have enough light before taking the picture.
  3. Keep in mind the amount of film you have left.
  4. Make sure every corner of your camera view looks good.
When it comes to taking photos, I've always had a trouble in what the picture should look like or what my subject should be. I just have trouble being creative at times because I either can't think of anything or I am just not in the mood of doing it. It wasn't that much of a trouble when I used a digital camera because I could have taken as minimal or as much photos as I wished. With the film camera however, it takes me forever to take one photo because I want to sure that everything is perfect and that the subject is interesting since it's limited. Like I said before, I also have trouble trying to think of what photo I want to take so it takes up double of my time to take one photo.

On the day of our first assignment where we went to shoot photos during class, I've only taken 15 photos and there was a total of 37 films in one role. It was almost the end of our photo taking session and at that moment I realized that I had to finish our role of film before it get back into the classroom because if we don't finish up the role, then it would be a waste. I started to freak out so bad because I still had a lot of pictures to take and took random pictures to finish up the role. 

I learned that when you're taking photos with film, you have to be quicker and just take the photo even if the subject does not look as interesting. There would be at least one or two good photos out of the whole role so it would be impossible for someone to be a total failure. I felt that I was kind of unsuccessful because of how it was really rushed and I didn't know what photo to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment